Research Day 2012
Join us for the fifth annual EPI Research Day on February 23!
Submit your abstract here.
The deadline for abstract submission is Friday, Feb. 10, 2012. (Abstracts will only be accepted through the abstract submission form on the EPI website).
- Abstract edits will not be possible after the abstract form has been submitted.
- Email confirmation will be sent once the online submission form has been submitted.
- One abstract for each submission is required. The abstracts will be printed in the Research Day 2012 Book of Abstracts.
- Abstracts are limited to 400 words. The word limit applies to the online abstract submissions. Posters do not have a word count maximum.
- Individuals/groups may submit more than one abstract.
- Poster presentations may include new data or may reflect material that has been presented at national meetings within the past 18 months.
- Poster boards are 4 feet high and 5 feet wide. An example can be seen here.
- As a suggestion, font size should be no less than 14-pt for paragraph text and 18-pt for sub-titles. Thirty-six point text or larger is ideal for the poster title. Sans serif fonts are best for paragraph body texts. It is ideal to make posters readable from a distance.
- Examples of poster layouts can be found here.
Feb. 23, 2012 Research Day Schedule:
- 9 – 10 a.m. Breakfast (EPI Room 150) and poster set up (EPI Front Lawn)
- 10 – 1 p.m. Poster Session (Presenters, please stand by your posters)
- Noon – 12:45 p.m. Lunch (EPI Room 150)
- 12:45 – 1 p.m. Keynote Assembly (Cancer Genetics Research Complex Auditorium room 101)
- 1 – 1:15 p.m. Introductions by Dr. J. Glenn Morris, Director, EPI
- 1:15 – 3:30 p.m. Keynote Speeches
- 3:30 – 4 p.m. Remove posters (any posters left at 4 p.m. will be disposed)