Join us Thurs., Feb. 18 in the Cancer/Genetics Research Complex for the ninth annual EPI Research Day!
Research Day is an event where EPI members and collaborators showcase their wide range of pathogen-related research. Research Day includes breakfast, a poster session, lunch and keynote speeches by two leaders in the prevention and treatment of infectious disease.
Adel A. F. Mahmoud, M.D., Ph.D.
The Woodrow Wilson School of Public Health and International Affairs, and the Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University
Recently retired President of Merck Vaccines
Ilaria Capua, D.V.M., Ph.D.,
Incoming Director of the Center of Excellence in One Health Research and Professor of Animal Sciences, IFAS
Former Director of the Division of Comparative Biomedical Sciences at the Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale della Venezie/National OIE/FAO Reference
Laboratory for Avian Influenza and Newcastle Disease (Padova, Italy)
- Abstract edits will not be possible after the abstract form has been submitted.
- Email confirmation will be sent once the online submission form has been submitted.
- One abstract for each submission is required. The abstracts will be printed in the Research Day Book of Abstracts.
- Abstracts are limited to 400 words. The word limit applies to the online abstract submissions. Posters do not have a word count maximum.
- Individuals/groups may submit more than one abstract.
- Poster presentations may include new data or may reflect material that has been presented at national meetings within the past 18 months.
- Poster boards are 4 feet high and 5 feet wide. An example can be seen here.
- As a suggestion, font size should be no less than 14-pt for paragraph text and 18-pt for sub-titles. Thirty-six point text or larger is ideal for the poster title. Sans serif fonts are best for paragraph body texts. It is ideal to make posters readable from a distance.
- Examples of poster layouts can be found here.